Well, it’s pretty tough to get lost around these parts.
The trail is well-marked, there are roads pretty much everywhere and lots of people stomping around in the woods near you.
In fact, it’s rare to go five minutes without coming across another hiker on the Appalachian Trail in Warwick.
But here are some tips to make you feel better if you suddenly find yourself off trail:
1) Keep calm and don’t panic.
2) Take a break and eat some food and drink some water.
3) Use your cellphone to call for help.
4) Try to retrace your steps back to the main trail.
5) If you have a map, now would be a great time to look at it.
6) You remembered to bring your whistle right? It may be a good time to blow on it.
7) If it’s getting dark, you may think about creating a small shelter for the night. Lean sticks up against a large rock and cover the sticks with leaves, then crawl inside.
8) If you want to build a fire, search for firewood before it gets dark, not after.
9) Stay put and don’t wander any further.
10) Keep your cellphone on and wait for help.
DISCLAIMER – Hiking is a dangerous activity. Although the authors and publishers of HIKEWARWICK.COM try to make the information contained on this website as accurate as possible, as well as to point out some of the potential hazards on some of the trails, they disclaim any liability for accident, loss, injury, inconvenience, or any other damage that may be sustained by anyone using the information contained on this website.
Those who use this information, and those who venture into backcountry wilderness, do so at their own risk. You are solely responsible for using your own judgment in interpreting and using this information to safely enjoy your own outdoor and/or local pursuits. Please follow common sense when planning an excursion and take into account your own physical fitness level and hydration needs. HIKEWARWICK.COM can not be held legally responsible while people are engaged in outdoor activities. Hikers should consult local officials, maps and check weather forecasts before venturing outside.
Additionally, local business information was accurate at the time of publication and is updated at intervals convenient to the publishers of HIKEWARWICK.COM. The listing of a business of this site is not an endorsement of that business and is provided for informational purposes only. All patronage of local businesses is done at your own risk and HIKEWARWICK.COM disclaims any liability and assumes no responsibility for such patronage.
All content is the copyrighted property of HIKEWARWICK.COM and cannot be copied or used or altered in any manner without the written permission of the publishers.